Building a Mystery (Machine) – Customizing the Tamiya Lunch Box 2005
After having so much fun, while building the latest Tamic Comical Models, a long time project was waiting to be completed.
One of the most iconic Tamiya cars ever. The Tamiya Lunch Box. Everyone loves it, and it´s still one of the most popular Vintage Tamiya RC Cars. The LB is also an absolutely perfect base for customizing projects. Years ago, we had the idea to build a replica of the famous “Mystery Machine”, well known from the classic “Scooby Doo” TV show.
For this project, we´ve collected some parts for quite some time.
Here is a list of parts, we used on this car:
- 84343 Chassis Red Style CW-01
- 84345 CW-01 D-Parts Under Guard Set Red
- 84347 CW-01 C.V.A. Short Shock Unit Set II White Style
- 53068 RS-540 Sport Tuned Motor – Black
- 19335442 Midnight Pumpkin Metallic – Chrome wheels
- Full Ball Bearing Set for Grasshopper/ Hornet/Lunch Box
- Custom Made Mystery Machine Decals
- R31 House Formula Kart Slick Tire
Tamiya TS-41 Coral Blue matches the orginal “Mystery Machine” Decal perfectly.
All in all, the Lunch Box came out great, and it´s now one of our all time favourites.
The post Building a Mystery (Machine) – Customizing the Tamiya Lunch Box 2005 appeared first on TamiyaBlog.