Wish There Was a Solid-Axle 1/5 Scale Desert Buggy? Here It Is [VIDEO]
Large-scale parts purveyors Kraken RC is set to release a complete vehicle of their own. The Vekta.5 is a 1/5-scale, 4WD Ultra 4 Class 1500 Unlimited Buggy and the first to have a solid rear axle and 4-link suspension. This truck has been making waves in the 1/5-scale community and we can see why. It’s a cool twist on 1/5-scale design and it looks like it performs well and can take a beating. According to Kraken, there will be a version with included 29cc engine, and an add-your-own-engine model.
More details below, and you can take a look at krakenrc.com, or hit their Facebook page at /krakenrc (which is where we got the photos below).
It’s 1/5 scale, so yeah, it’s big.
With the body panels removed, you can see the extra-long machined aluminum trailing arms and the massive shocks–just under 12″ long with 8mm shafts, says Kraken RC.
The Vekta has the same wheelbase as a Losi 5IVE-T, as this photo illustrates. The Losi is just there to show size, the Vekta is not a conversion.
From Kraken RC:
There will be 2 configurations for KV5:
1) ARTR/No motor with 2 KRAKEN TS-555HV High Torque/Voltage Servos – 555 inch-oz (40kg) – Pricing TBD
1) ARTR/with 29cc motor and 2 KRAKEN TS-555HV High Torque/Voltage Servos – 555 inch-oz (40kg) – Pricing TBD
– True Scale ULTRA 4 Class 1500 Unlimited Buggy
– ULTRA 4 (4WD)
– Full Roll Cage
– Rear Solid Axle (Billet Aluminum CNC)
– Rear Trailing Arms (Billet Aluminum CNC)
– 4 LINK
– Independent Front Suspension
– All Around CVDs
– All metal diff housing
– Center all metal transmission with adjustable slipper clutch
– Scale telescoping universal drive shaft
– MegaShocks with 8mm shaft
– Release date – Early 2016
The post Wish There Was a Solid-Axle 1/5 Scale Desert Buggy? Here It Is [VIDEO] appeared first on RC Car Action.