TQ Racing Begins Testing New Platform
This weekend in separate parts of the country, TQ Racing began testing its new platform of 2wd and 4wd 1/10 electric buggy chassis.
On different types of racings surfaces, both indoors and outdoors. The new 2wd and 4wd cars hit the track in anger for the first time. Our preliminary tests are being done to evaluate the platform, confirm parts integrity and verify design concepts.
After the first day of testing here are some of the notes from the test team:
- Local indoor track has gone to downhill for the summer.. but it is high traction… it is a rough track and this new car ate it up.
- We went faster with this new car then the HobbyPro (TeamC) car. He was able to drive the car more strapped and broke nothing. And this was done with all parts in the box
- This car has shown better than the old one on first day of testing. Even in this short testing I think we did get something better than the last car
- Performance of the 4wd car was good. Track conditions were poor and very unfriendly for a 4wd vehicle. The vehicle’s performance was better than expected considering the condition of the track .
- Having driven several of the modern 4wd cars and liking none, I will admit that this was the closest to the way a 4wd car should feel, in my opinion. It was confidence inspiring.
After one day on each of the new buggies, we have already learned a lot. Continuing development will see stage 2 chassis changes and continued material testing. 2wd Stadium Truck and Short Course testing will begin this week as well.
More details, pictures and video will be released as development continues.
Please check www.tqracing.net or various on line threads for more information.