The Team Associated SC5M: Next Generation Short Course
Following the success of the B5M and T5M platforms, it comes as no surprise that the winning geometry and features of the vehicles would be applied to a short-course truck. Dubbed the Team Associated SC5M Team Kit, it shares 90% of the same parts with a few that make it unique for short-course racing. Sold as a kit, the truck is designed for the track with a commitment to mid-motor configuration.
From Team Associated:
Based on Team Associated’s wildly successful, race-winning RC10B5M platform, the RC10SC5M Team Kit represents the next step in the evolution of competitive short-course racing.
From great beginnings
Starting with the data acquired through the development of the B5M and T5M, the engineers behind the doors of Team Associated’s AREA 51 set out to design the ultimate short-course truck chassis that utilizes all the advantages that come with a mid-motor configuration.
Designed to win
The RC10SC5M Team Kit features a high-performance, no-compromise dedicated mid-motor designed chassis, configured specifically for short course. The RC10SC5M Team Kit shares nearly 90% of the parts as the B5M and T5M Team Kits, making it easier than ever to run multiple classes at the same time.
The right parts for the best performance
From the aluminum hard anodized chassis, to the Factory Team V2 threaded shocks, to the Factory Team VTS slipper clutch, the RC10SC5M Team Kit comes with all of these features and many more. Through testing and racing, these specific parts have been hand selected to deliver the ultimate short-course truck performance.
RC10SC5M Team Kit Features:
- Advanced B5M mid-motor design developed and applied to a short-course truck platform
- Narrow, hard-anodized aluminum chassis with centralized mass and mid-motor position for improved handling on high-grip offroad tracks
- Chassis fits R.O.A.R.-approved 2S saddle packs and 2S short packs using optional foam insert
- V2 12mm Big Bore threaded aluminum shocks with 3mm shafts and low-friction O-rings
- Updated four-gear transmission with lighter aluminum top shaft, stronger gears, precision ball bearings, and a 14-carbide-ball differential
- Pro-Line SC5M clear body included
- Factory Team aluminum rear ball stud mount included
- New inline front suspension features heavy duty steering and caster blocks, while the insert system allows for easy caster and trailing axle adjustments
- Adjustable front suspension mount angle (kick-up) options of 25° and 30°
- One-piece front axle/hex adapter and large front wheel bearing for added durability
- Full bearing steering system with horizontal ball studs for finer Ackermann adjustments
- Heavy-duty ball cups and ball studs allow for maximum suspension travel while reducing binding and friction
- Rear hubs feature large rear wheel bearings, as well as the quick and easy insert system to adjust camber link position and rear toe-in
RC10SC5M Team Kit
UPC: 784695 700062
Available: July 2015
The post The Team Associated SC5M: Next Generation Short Course appeared first on RC Car Action.