Tamiya Brings Back the BIGWIG!
The Tamiya one of a kind classic is back! The BIGWIG 4WD off-road buggy was released back in 1986 to commemorate 10 years of Tamiya R/C models and was the first Tamiya car with a body designed by an outside designer: Japanese full size race car designer and team owner Takuya Yura. This re-release version is based closely upon the original, with some tweaks to bring it up to date.
- Aerodynamic body is made of lightweight and durable polycarbonate.
- Engine and exhaust details are depicted by integrated chassis parts.
- ABS resin bathtub-type chassis.
- Shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain equipped with full ball bearings ensuring minimal power loss.
- Rack and pinion steering (the only of its kind on a Tamiya model) gives excellent driving feel.
- Boots cover the steering tie-rods, and anti-wear grease is included in the kit to seal the steering mechanism from dirt and gravel.
- “Aerodish” 1-piece wheels are combined with oval block pattern tires for superior grip.
- Newly designed stickers keep to the overall theme of the original.
- Includes a GT-Tuned motor (25T) with sticker unique to the Big Wig.
Construction type: Assembly kit
Terrain use: On-Road
Drive type: Gearbox
Drive line: Dog bone
Differential type: Gear
Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone
Steering mechanism: Rack-in-pinion
Shock damper: Oil-filled damper
Shock damper material: Plastic
Tire type: Rubber
Tire tread: Pin spike
Body material: Polycarbonate
Chassis material: Plastic
Electronic Speed Control (ESC): Not included
LED Light buckets: No
LED lights: No
Motor: 540-brushed type
Bearings: Shielded ball bearing
Adjustable camber: Fixed
Adjustable toe angles: Front only
Adjustable ground clearance: Yes
Adjustable gear ratio: Yes
Adjustable wheelbase: Fixed
Adjustable track width: Fixed
Adjustable shock angle: Fixed
- 2-channel radio gear
- Electronic speed control
- Battery charger
- 7.2v Battery Pack
- Polycarbonate paint
- 8 x AA batteries