Novak M2 Dig 3S Dual Brush ESC (Updated)
New from Novak:
After much fine-tuning, Novak is proud to release the brand new M2 Dig 3S Dual Brush ESC (#1846). This patent-pending, new controller combines 6 adjustable parameters with its revolutionary performance including a separated drag brake and dig function. With only the addition of two brushed crawler motors, the M2 Dig controls both motors and performs dig maneuvers. In addition to the standard Dig Mode, the M2 features a Proportional Dig Mode which allows you to dial-in partial Dig Power on the fly for even finer control and precise maneuverability through tricky terrain. It also features an exceptional control on steep inclines and descents. Plus, the built-in electronic Dig Power is independently adjustable from the Hill/Drag Braking. The wait is over for this truly unique speed control, which supports both 2S and 3S LiPo!
Because of its unique features, the M2 Dig 3S is perfect for the new Axial© XR10! The M2 Dig 3S ESC / Dual Terra Claw Brush Motor Combo (#1845) is un-matched when used in dual Motor-On-Axle rigs, exceeding the performance of tradition two-system setups. The M2 Dig ESC is also compatible with other dual-MOA vehicles, such as EnRoute’s® Berg, RC4WD’s® Bully, and other Clod Buster axle based vehicles.
A SPECIALIZED DIG
The compact M2 Dig ESC is easy to install and operate. There are three fully programmable throttle profiles: Dig Mode, Proportional Dig Mode and Single Output Mode. Dig Mode is the default setting, and uses Dig Power (independent of Drag Brake) to lock one motor at a time. The completely original Proportional Dig Mode uses a transmitter’s third channel that is proportional (button or dial), allowing drivers to vary the amount of Dig Power being applied to the motor. This innovative feature provides seemingly endless fine tuning of the Dig for the ultimate vehicle control. Additionally, the M2 Dig sports a Single Output Mode for applications with single motors or operation without a 3-channel transmitter. In this mode all four motor power wires can be soldered to one brush motor for higher performance, or connect two motors and control them both at the same time.
MULTIPLE METHODS OF ADJUSTABILITY!
The M2 Dig not only gives racers three separate throttle profiles, but can also be easily adjusted via Novak’s reliable on-board setup. There are four PCB-mounted LEDs to aid in programming and two different colored external LED indicator lights, located at the ends of six inch harnesses that visibly display when a motor is locked and the vehicle is ready to dig.
This new ESC can also be fine-tuned with the optional NovaLink Programming Interface (#5440), Novak’s fully adjustable PC interface. The downloadable software for the M2 Dig is purpose-built for crawling andassists in adjusting the speed control’s programmable features. This software, as well as updates, is available from Novak’s website to NovaLink owners.
The M2 Dig 3S ESC does not require any vehicle modifications to install or operate. Simply plug it into any three-channel surface receiver, and you’re ready to crawl! This ESC is not only easy to install into a vehicle, but it possesses countless features on its own! Compared with a Dual ESC setup, the M2 allows racers to use top of the line crawling technology with just one speed control. The M2 Dig 3S ESC is easily programmed into most three-channel transmitters, such as the Spektrum® DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface Radio, Airtronics’® M8 and M11 R/C Radios, and a Traxxas® (TQ-3) Transmitter.*
Check out Novak’s Website for more details on the all new M2 Dig 3S!
NOVAK’S M2 DIG 3S ESC FEATURES
- Fully programmable, user-friendly interface with six adjustable parameters: Hill/Drag Brake (10 settings), Dig Power (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Minimum Drive (5 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings) and Voltage Cut-Off (Off/LiPo/LiFe)
- Three throttle profiles: Dig Mode, Proportional Dig Mode, and Single Output Mode
- Independently powers the front or rear motors in a dual-motor crawler vehicle
- Operates on both 2S and 3S applications
- Instant reverse via Novak’s Zero Reverse Delay providing immediate power
- delivery in both forward and reverse
- Compatible with optional Novalink (#5440) for expanded programming and
- ability to download firmware updates to the ESC
- Internal high-voltage 5-Amp Linear BEC
- Universal JST Input Plug for Ch.2 and Ch. 3, which fits all popular brand
- Water-resistant case with silicone gasket seal
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Features a set of power output pins for running cooling fans, auxiliary lights, scale winches, etc.
- 13BMeets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed and assembled by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally-sourced components
NOVAK’S M2 DIG 3S ESC SPECS (2S & 3S)
Input Voltage ………………………. 2-3 Li-Po/Li-Fe cells or 4-9 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
ESC Footprint……………………… 1.16” x 1.47” (29.5 x 37.3 mm)
ESC Weight (w/o wires) ……….. 1.30 oz. (36.9g)
Motor Limit …………………………. 33-turn (dual) or 27-turn (single) 540-sized brushed motors
BEC …………………………………… 6.0 volts DC / 5.0 amps
On-Resistance …………………… 0.0016 (dual); 0.0008 (single) ohm
Status LEDs ………………………. 4 on-board; 2 external
Voltage Cut-Off …………………… 2S LiPo: 6.25V; 3S LiPo: 9.38V (Automatic)
Power Wires ……………………….. 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Trevor “Chilly” Duncan
Online News Editor
Radio Control Car Action