Novak 1/8 Buggy Brushless Conversion kits, Mod 1 Steel Pinion Gears and HV 5mm Input Shaft Conversion
For Immediate Release
#5010 Brushless Conversion Kit: Associated RC-8
#5015 Brushless Conversion Kit: OFNA 9.5/Ultra
#5016 Brushless Conversion Kit: OFNA Hyper 8
#5017 Brushless Conversion Kit: OFNA Hyper 7
#5018 Brushless Conversion Kit: X-Ray XB8
Irvine, CA – January 22, 2008 – Plan an intervention with your 1/8-scale nitro vehicle, and admit it into electric rehab. Novak has the ideal program to convert your 1/8-scale nitro off-road vehicle into an efficient brushless electric machine by offering nine, inclusive Brushless Conversion Kits (#5010 – #5018). With some basic assembly, a 1/8-scale nitro car can be converted into a leaner, cleaner, less noisy brushless car with faster acceleration and speeds comparable to nitro. The Novak Brushless Conversion Kits were designed specifically for Novak’s 550-size brushless motors (#3424 HV 4.5 and #3426 HV 6.5) and include all of the necessary conversion components. So clean up, and reinvent your car as brushless!
WHY CONVERT YOUR NITRO TO BRUSHLESS?
1/8-scale buggies are built strong, handle well and are fun to race. With the increased popularity of brushless, R/C enthusiasts can experience a new way to drive and race while enjoying the many benefits of brushless.
· Better Performance. Novak sensored-brushless motors provide extraordinary throttle response and controllability, and better acceleration and low-end feel. This translates to better control on bumpy courses and makes clearing jumps easier. Brushless motors also operate consistently in varying weather conditions, so you don’t have to be a tuning expert.
· Lower Center of Gravity. Electric conversion provides a lower center of gravity for more agile and nimble handling.
· Less Maintenance. Brushless systems are virtually maintenance-free. No engines to tune or rebuild and no spilled nitro fuel to clean up, so more time can be spent racing or bashing.
· Cleaner Environment. Brushless motors are far cleaner to run than nitro-powered vehicles and are healthier for indoor racing.
· Quieter. Brushless-powered cars are quieter than nitro-powered vehicles and will allow 1/8-scale buggies to run where noise restrictions are imposed.
· Plug and Play. With a brushless-powered system, just turn on the switc
h and go. No engines to start, tune, or warm up.
NINE CONVERSION KITS AVAILABLE
Nine conversion kits are available for many popular 1/8-scale off-road nitro vehicles:
· Associated® RC8 TM (#5010): To convert the Team Associated RC-8 Buggy
· CEN® MatrixTM(#5011): To convert the CEN Matrix C-1 Buggy
· Hot Bodies® LightningTM (#5012): To convert the Hot Bodies Lightning2 Evo Pro Buggy
· Kyosho® InfernoTM (#5013): To convert the Kyosho Inferno 777, 777 SP-1, SP-2 and SP-2WC Buggies
· Mugen® MBX5TM(#5014): To convert the Mugen MBX5 and MBX5R Buggies
· OFNA® 9.5TM/UltraTM (#5015): To convert the OFNA 9.5 Series Buggies (ViolatorTM, RavengerTM and Jammin X1TM) and the OFNA Ultra Series Buggies (MBXTM, CompTM and LX1TM)
· OFNA® Hyper 8TM (#5016): To convert the OFNA Hyper 8 and Hyper 8.5 Buggies
· OFNA® Hyper 7TM (#5017): To convert the OFNA Hyper 7 Buggies
· X-Ray® XB8TM (#5018): To convert the X-Ray XB8 TQ and XB8 EC Buggies
Novak will update vehicle compatibility as further models are verified, please check the Novak Web site (https://www.teamnovak.com/products/brushless/conversion_kits/index.html) for updates.
Novak Brushless Conversion Kits contain all of the necessary parts to completely convert a 1/8-scale nitro off-road vehicle into an energy-saving brushless buggy.
· Motor heat sink and buggy-specific heat sink adaptor plate, specifically
designed for Novak’s 550-size brushless motors (#3424 HV4.5, #3426 HV6.5 and original HV4400). Motor assembly installs directly to chassis with a four-bolt mounting system for stability, optimal heat sinking and lower center of gravity.
· Two battery boxes and adjustable straps for holding an assortment of Li-Po or Ni-MH batteries
· Motor cooling fan that bolts directly to motor heat sink
· Antenna mount
· Hardware kit
· Complete instructions
For a more sturdy set-up, Novak offers an HV Brushless Motor 5mm Upgrade Kit (#5924) and Mod 1 Steel Pinion Gears for 5mm Shaft (#5100-5105).
Brushless vehicles are a popular segment in the racing industry, so don’t get left behind in the nitro fumes, and join the brushless revolution!
Novak’s Brushless Conversion Kits (#5010-#5018) are scheduled to ship at the end of March 2008. For more information about these products, visit the Novak Web site (www.teamnovak.com).
RC-8 is a registered trademark of Associated®. Matrix is a registered trademark of CEN Racing®. Lightning is a registered trademark of Hot Bodies®. Inferno 777 series is a registered trademark of Kyosho ®. MBX5 and MBX5R are registered
trademarks of Mugen®. Violator, Raveger, Jammin, Ultra-Series, Hyper 8, and Hyper 7 are registered trademarks of OFNA®. XB8 is a registered trademark of X-Ray®.
COMPLETE THE CONVERSION WITH GEARS
Irvine, CA – January 22, 2008 – To mesh with its Brushless Motor Conversion Kits, Novak is releasing six Mod 1 Steel Pinion Gears for 5mm Shaft (#5100-5105). These heavy-duty gears are recommended when converting 1/8-scale Nitro off-road vehicles for brushless electric use and fit seamlessly with Mod 1 spur gears commonly found on 1/8-scale Nitro vehicles. Designed to maximize concentricity, these hardened gears can be used in any application and with any motor that has a 5mm output shaft, including Novak’s HV High-Voltage Brushless Motors that have been updated with the HV Brushless Motor 5mm Upgrade Kit (#5924).
Novak is offering six Mod 1 gear options: 11T, 12T, 13T, 14T, 15T and 16T. In general, the 11T (#5100) and 12T (#5101) gears work well on small, tight tracks; the 13T (#5102) and 14T (#5103) gears perform great on medium-sized tracks; and the 15T (#5104) and 16T (#5105) gears excel on large tracks. There are exceptions when determining the best gears for specific motors and track conditions, but these gears allow drivers the ability to experiment with gear ratios in the search to find the optimal setup.
Novak’s Mod 1 Pinion Gears for 5mm Shaft (#5100/11T, #5101/12T, #5102/13T) are scheduled to ship by the middle of February 2008. Novak’s Mod 1 Pinion Gears for 5mm Shaft (#5104/14T, #5105/15T, #5106/16T) are scheduled to ship at the end of March 2008. Novak is currently working on a 32-pitch gear to use in Monster trucks, such as the Traxxas® E-Maxx and HPI® E-Savage. Check the Novak Web site (www.teamnovak.com) for updates on these gears and more information about other Novak products.
NOVAK’S MOD 1 STEEL PINION GEAR FOR 5MM SHAFT FEATURES
Specifically developed for use with the Novak’s Brushless Motor Conversion Kits (#5010 – #5018), for installation in vehicles utilizing Mod 1 spur gears
Features high-strength, hardened steel construction
Allows driver to experiment with gear ratios
Gears available individually: 11T (#5100); 12T (#5101); 13T (#5102); 14T (#5104);
15T (#5105); 16T (#5106)
Inside (shaft) Diameter: 5mm
Pitch: Mod 1
E-Maxx is a registered trademark of Traxxas ®. E-Savage is a registered trademark of HPI®.
UPGRADE YOUR HV
Irvine, CA – January 22, 2008 – For increased durability, Novak is offering an HV Brushless Motor 5mm Upgrade Kit to specially equip your existing 4.5 and 6.5 HV High-Voltage Brushless Motor with a sturdy 5mm output shaft. The existing output shaft on the HV motor is the industry-standard 1/8”, but upgrading to the 5mm rotor can increase a motor’s resilience and race life. This heavy-duty upgrade kit includes a Nickel-plated, high-strength, sintered rotor featuring a 5mm output shaft to decrease the likelihood of damage to the shaft in harsh driving conditions, and a front endbell and bearing replacement that is specially designed to accommodate the larger diameter output shaft.
Novak’s HV Brushless Motor 5mm Upgrade Kit (#5924) is scheduled to ship by the middle of February 2008. For more information about this product and other Novak products, visit the Novak Web site (www.teamnovak.com).
NOVAK’S HV BRUSHLESS MOTOR 5MM UPGRADE KIT FEATURES
Specifically developed for use with a Novak HV High Voltage Brushless Motors (#3424 and #3426) and the original HV4400
Features lightweight, ribbed-aluminum front endbell and bearing replacement
Magnet: Nickel-plated, high-strength Sintered Neodymimum
Shaft Diameter: 5mm [accepts all 5mm pinion gears, including Novak’s Mod 1 Steel Pinion Gears for 5mm Shaft (#5100/11T, #5101/12T, #5102/13T, #5104/14T, #5105/15T, #5106/16T)]
The post Novak 1/8 Buggy Brushless Conversion kits, Mod 1 Steel Pinion Gears and HV 5mm Input Shaft Conversion appeared first on RC Car Action.