Kyosho Ultima RT5
New from Kyosho:
Kyosho announces the new Ultima RT5 electric racing truck. It’s a all-new design that is the result of years of R&D and includes the collective experience of the world’s most experienced RC racing drivers and engineers from the world’s most experienced RC racing company. The main goal of the new Ultima RT5 is simple – to win. Each aspect of the truck is specially designed and tested to produce maximum performance. Likewise, the materials chosen for the new Ultima are exhaustively tested all with the goal to create the ultimate no – nonsense competition truck that’s ready to take on the world!
- New Carbon Fiber Composite Chassis, 23mm longer than RB-5
- Tungsten Carbide Differential Balls
- Heavy Duty (SP) Idler Gear
- Quick Release Wheel Hubs F/R
- New Light Weight Wheels
- Velvet Coated Threaded Shocks
- Hard Rod Ends
- Teflon Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex Screws
- Composite Chassis – The chassis plate is 23mm longer then the RB5. Light and strong, featuring a specially formulated carbon fiber composite for the best balance of peformance and durability. Strategic braces molded into the chassis enhance the stiffness without adding any unnecessary weight. Seperate front and rear clips allow fast and easy removal of the front and rear end of the car, which makes maintenance and repair much easier. Designed to accept stick packs and 2 cell lipo packs, the RT5 chassis features an adjustable battery mounting position that allows you to shift weight bias to suit track conditions and your driving style.
- Transmission – The new transmission features a smaller, more compact housing that keeps the motor as low and close to the transmission as possible, which reduces CG and improves bump handling. The three- gear transmission features a new heavy duty SP idler gear an internal ball differential that uses Tungsted Carbide Differential Balls and 1/16-inch thrust balls. The differential is also externally adjustable, a dust cover fits over the adjustment holes so the thrust bearing last much longer. An injection molded gear cover is included which better fits the motor plate to minimize dust and debris for longer gear life.
- Rear Suspension – The rear suspension are symmetrical so a single replacement arm can be used on either side of the truck, saving money and space inside your pit box because you don’t need to carry as many replacement parts. The inside of the arms are attached to the chassis using seperate suspension mounts, which will allow anti-squat adjustment. The new rear wheel hubs feature a new quick release function, allowing you to make a quick tire change with no tools. Vertical ball studs for the both inner and outer rod ends of the upper link means the rear suspension geometry can be fine tuned with shims.
- Front Suspension – Symmetrical suspension arms connect to a narrow front bulkhead. The bumper/skid plate, suspension block, nose plate and front bulkhead all come together to form a very rigid assembly, to which the front suspension arms mount to. The standard position of the suspension mount produces 25 degrees of hinge pin angle in the front arms, but simply flipping the suspension mount increases hinge pin angle to 30 degrees. The added flexibility of having adjustable hinge pin angles means you have more options when it comes to setting up your truck. Like the rear arms, a single replacement arm can be used on either side.
- Floating Axles – While floating axles ride in bearings that are mounted in the nub instead of the wheel, this moves the weight of the bearings inboard for extremely more responsive suspension. The bearings are under less stress, and they�re better shielded from the elements.
- Steering Assembly – Ball bearings provide smooth movement of the steering bellcranks, which are mounted on the chassis at the same angle as the suspension arms. This eliminates bump steer and produces more accurate Acherman geometry throughout the entire range of steering motion. The steering plate (center link) features horizontally mounted ball studs, which mean the Acherman can be fine tuned by using shims behind the ball studs offering a nearing infinite range of adjustments.
- Captured Hinge Pins – A simple button head screw captures all the outer hinge pins of the Ultima RT5. The rear inner hinge pins are truly captured between the suspension mounts, and the notched inner front pins are secured with a setscrew through the front suspension mount. This means that the hing pins are much more secure and less likely to come loose.
- Shock Towers – The front shock tower is mounted as far back on the chassis as possibl y, as are the shocks, to keep the mass as low as possible. The rear shock tower is also designed to keep a low profile, yet allow enough suspension travel to ensure the best possible handling. The shock towers are molded from an exhaustively tested composite, which is much more costly to produce than shock towers made from woven graphite, but will also provide greater durability.
- Velvet Coated Shocks – Kyosho is well known for silky smooth shocks and the new �Triple Cap� shocks included with the new Ultima RT5 are no exception. The shock body consists of three major components a top cap, velvet coated threaded bodies, and a lower cap. The velvet coated shock bodies feature a threaded spring pre-load collar for quick and easy adjustment. The threaded adjuster features an O-ring that prevents the preload settings from moving, which ensures consistent performance from start to finish. The lower shock cap allows for quick and easy maintenance of the double O-ring seals.
- Hard Rod Ends – The rod ends feature a stronger material that is more durable and resists contamination from the dirt. This means that the rod ends stay tighter and are less likely to be damaged or seperated from the ball stud in the event of a hard crash.
- Teflon Sealed Bearings – Ball bearings are the standard for reducing friction and wear, and to increase efficiency. It�s nice to know that the Ultima RT5 is equipped with a full set of 18 Teflon-sealed ball bearings used throughout the drivetrain and transmission to keep things running smooth.
Wheelbase (min): 286mm
Final Drive: 2.6:1
Required For Operation
- R/C system / 2-channel,1-servo, 1-amp
- Tires / Tire insert
- 7.2V Ni-Cd/ Ni-MH/ Lipo battery
- Batteries for R/C system
Available: September 2009