Axial 1/10 SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator Rock Crawler With Portals RTR [VIDEO]
The 1/10 scale Axial® SCX10 III Jeep® JT Gladiator 4WD RTR marks the next step forward in ready-to-run, scale off-road action. While continuing to incorporate key components that have made SCX10 vehicles successful, the SCX10 III chassis increases realism with details that include a replica V8 engine to house the front-mounted 540 brushed motor, mated to a realistic transmission housing and transfer case like a 1:1 vehicle. The Spektrum DX3 3-channel 2.4GHz DSMR® transmitter and Firma 40A ESC/receiver are also ready to give you the advantages of innovative Spektrum Smart technology.
Out of the box, the SCX10 III Jeep® JT Gladiator transmission offers a third-channel DIG function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius. Though locked out from the factory, you can set up the vehicle to have a 40% faster second gear instead of DIG — or, by adding another micro servo and using a radio with at least four channels (such as the 5-channel Spektrum DX5), have simultaneous access to both the DIG and two-speed functions.
The SCX10 III Jeep® JT Gladiator uses new AR45 portal axles to improve performance by increasing the ground clearance and reducing torque twist. The motor is located at the front of the chassis for forward weight. The standard battery tray is positioned near the vehicle’s center for improved balance and accepts full-size LiPo or NiMH packs. There are also locations in the side pods for drivers who prefer smaller “shorty” LiPo packs. Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
Topping off the chassis is a scale Jeep® JT Gladiator body that mirrors its full-size counterpart with many highly authentic details. The body has over 20 injection-molded parts including a bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more — taking polycarbonate body realism to the next level. The body has been split into three pieces for a more realistic deep bed. Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires on 3-piece beadlock wheels add more scale realism and more grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails.
With the Spektrum DX3 radio, you’ll enjoy the superior range, response, and interference resistance of DSMR® technology. Together with the installed Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver, it also offers the advantages of exclusive Spektrum Smart technology. Install a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and you can view vehicle battery capacity at a glance on the DX3 transmitter’s voltage level indicator. Outfit the DX3 with the optional BT2000 Bluetooth module and download the free Spektrum Dashboard app to your smart device, and you’re also ready to use Smart real-time telemetry — without needing on-board sensors or modules.
REPLICA V8 ENGINE COVER, TRANSMISSION HOUSING AND TRANSFER CASE
The V8 engine cover protects the 540-size motor and is mated to a scale transmission housing. In addition to offering motor protection and realistic looks, the design gives the chassis forward-mounted weight.
DIG TRANSMISSION WITH TWO-SPEED OPTION
The transmission arrives set up with a DIG function for locking the rear axle from the DX3 transmitter — giving you the tighter turning radius of front wheel drive on demand. You can also choose to set up the vehicle with a 40% faster second gear instead of DIG, or upgrade with an additional micro servo and 4+ channel radio (such as the Spektrum DX5) to have access to both the DIG and two-speed functions simultaneously.
PORTAL OFF-SET AXLE HOUSING WITH HYPOID RING AND PINION GEAR
The new AR45 portal axles feature an offset front housing for more realistic looks, portal gears for extra ground clearance, and universals that provide 45 degrees of steering. In addition to the portal gears, the differential locker includes tried-and-true Hypoid gears — allowing for smaller size gears while improving gear reduction at the axle and reducing torque twist.
HIGHLY DETAILED LEXAN BODY WITH INJECTION-MOLDED FEATURES
The scale Jeep® JT Gladiator body mirrors its full-size counterpart with many highly authentic details. In addition, the body has over 20 injection-molded parts including a bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more — taking polycarbonate body realism to the next level.
The Jeep® JT Gladiator body has been split into three pieces, allowing for a more realistic deep bed that can accommodate all the scale items you wish to add.
NEW BATTERY MOUNTS
The Jeep® JT Gladiator SCX10 III chassis provides a new battery location near the center of the vehicle. With the motor now up front, the battery position creates a more balanced chassis. There are also locations in the side pods for drivers who prefer smaller size LiPo packs.
The hard anoldized oil-filled shocks feature threaded shock bodies with threaded shock collars to allow for more precise pre-load adjustments. They also have a screw in the emulsion-style cap for easier rebuilds.
All of the drive train components in the transmission, portals and axle gears are made of metal for extreme durability.
The materials used in the SCX10 III chassis provide a level of durability and stiffness never before seen in an Axial® scaler. These new materials allow for even tighter tolerances to be held and less “slop” than ever before.
The SCX10 III Jeep® JT Gladiator suspension features metal stainless steel pivot balls at all suspension points. In addition to durability, they provide long wear life to keep the suspension handling consistent.
OPTIMIZED SUSPENSION GEOMETRY
The Axial® team took what they learned from the SCX10 II and improved the suspension geometry for the Portal Axles, helping to further reduce torque twist while allowing drivers to fine-tune the chassis as they wish.
NEW EXTENDED FRAME RAILS
Instead of creating a smaller body to fit the SCX10 III chassis, the design team extended the wheelbase to 13.9 inches with longer frame rails and chassis supports, allowing Axial® to provide a more realistic version of the Jeep® JT Gladiator.
DETAILED INTERIOR WITH MOLDED DRIVER
With its molded driver figure and more, the detailed interior of the Axial® SCX10 III Jeep® JT Gladiator enhances its exciting scale looks.
NEW REAR BODY MOUNT DESIGN
Body removal has been made easier with a new rear body mount design.
NEW INNER FENDER LINERS
The SCX10 III Jeep® JT Gladiator body’s unique inner fenders hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES ON 3-PIECE BEADLOCK WHEELS
New taller and wider R35 compound, licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires come mounted on 3-piece beadlock wheels. They provide ample ground clearance and dependable grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails. The tires can be removed and replaced easily without gluing.
SPEKTRUM DX3 2.4GHz DSMR TRANSMITTER
The included Spektrum DX3 radio features exclusive DSMR® technology for superior range, response, and interference resistance. It’s also fully compatible with the Smart telemetry potential provided by the vehicle’s installed Spektrum Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver. In addition, it comes with the thumb steering attachment for greater versatility when driving.
SPEKTRUM 15KG WATERPROOF SERVO
Drive with confidence in any weather and trail conditions — the electronics, including the Spektrum 15kg metal gear servo, are protected by a waterproof design.
SPEKTRUM FIRMA SMART 40A ESC/Rx
With the Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver and DX3 transmitter, you’re equipped to experience the telemetry advantages of exclusive Spektrum Smart technology. Install a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery to follow vehicle battery capacity on the transmitter’s voltage level indicator. The Firma Smart 40A ESC/Rx is compatible with the optional Dynamite® LED Program Card (sold separately) for quick, easy programming of multiple ESC settings.
- Replica V8 engine cover, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance and adding forward-mounted weight.
- DIG function transmission option lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius.
- Two-speed transmission option (some assembly required) allows you to increase vehicle speed by approximately 40%.
- Drivers can choose between the DIG and 2-speed transmission options, or run both with a 4-channel transmitter and two servos (not included).
- AR45 Portal Axles feature an offset front housing for realistic looks.
- Axle housings also use portal gears for increased ground clearance and a universal that provides 45 degrees of steering.
- Differential locker features Hypoid gears, allowing for smaller size gears, improved gear reduction and reduced torque twist.
- Authentic Jeep® JT Gladiator body includes over 20 injection-molded parts including bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more.
- Three-piece body provides a more realistic deep bed.
- New centered battery position improves chassis balance with front-mounted motor.
- Chassis side pods offer mounting locations for smaller LiPo batteries, if desired.
- Hard anodized oil-filled shocks feature shock cap with bleed screw for easier rebuilds.
- All drive train components in the transmission, portals and axle gears are metal for extreme durability — with pinion gear included, the vehicle has 23 metal gears in total.
- Improved materials increase durability and stiffness while holding tighter tolerances to eliminate most “slop”.
- Metal stainless steel pivot balls at all suspension points increase durability and wear life for consistent handling.
- Improved suspension geometry further reduces torque twist while allowing chassis fine-tuning.
- Extended 13.9 inch wheelbase with longer frame rails and chassis supports a more realistic version of the Jeep® JT Gladiator body.
- Detailed interior with molded driver adds to the vehicle’s realistic scale looks.
- New rear body mounts simplify body removal.
- Injection-molded inner fenders hide internal components usually visible from the side of the chassis.
- Spektrum DX3 DSMR® radio is fully compatible with the Smart telemetry potential of the installed Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver.
- Included Spektrum 15kg metal gear servo and all electronics are protected by a waterproof design for confident driving in any weather and trail conditions.
In The Box
(1) Axial® SCX10 III Jeep® JT Gladiator 4WD
(1) Spektrum Firma Smart 40A ESC/Receiver (installed)
(1) Spektrum 15kg Servo (installed)
(1) Spektrum DX3 DSMR® Radio
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
- Vehicle Battery (accepts standard and shorty packs)
- Compatible charger
- LiPo Safety Containe
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
Ball Bearings: Full set
Battery: Sold Separately
Body: 3-piece, highly detailed Lexan
Brakes: Integral with ESC
Bushing Material: Metal
Charger: Sold Separately
Chassis: Adjustable steel C-channel
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Drive Type: Forward/Brake/Reverse
Final Drive Ratio: 45.6:1 Low / 31.3:1 High
Front Track: 8.9 in (226mm)
Power Type: Electric
Gear Pitch: 32
Ground Clearance: 3 in (76.2mm)
Max Battery Dimensions: 5.45 x 1.83 x 1.38″ (138.5 x 46.5 x 35mm)
Motor Type: Brushed
Product Height: 9.5″ (241 mm)
Product Length: 22.25″ (565 mm)
Product Weight: 7lbs (3175g)
Product Width: 9.25″ (235 mm)
Rear Track: 8.9 in 226mm)
Shock Type: Oil-filled
Speed Control: Included
Spur Gear: 40T
Suspension: Multi-link solid axle with stainless steel pivot balls
Vehicle Type: Rock Crawler
Never miss an issue of RC Car Action!
Subscribe today with a Digital Edition subscription or Print + Digital combo!
The post Axial 1/10 SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator Rock Crawler With Portals RTR [VIDEO] appeared first on RC Car Action.