A Golden Oldie Reborn
When the Axial SCX10 III was released, Jeremy figured it was high time he did his first RC Jeep build. He has a thing for unique and unusual paint themes so he chose the classic Jeep Golden Eagle to re-create on his modern 4-door JL. The Eagle and Graphics are painted from the inside with Tamiya PS paints. One key feature of the Golden Eagle package is the wheels; Jeremy used stock Element RC wheels and tires for the right look. The SCX10 III’s Performance is enhanced by a Reefs RC Raw 500 digital servo, and a set of Treal Hobby axle housings. A Castle Creations Mamba X controller paired with a Slate 1900kv motor takes care of getting the Golden Eagle moving. And just in case things get out of hand, a DSM kinetic recovery system is also installed.
Based ON A Axial SCX10 III
– Chassis and Body: Axial SCX10 III Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
– Wheels and Tires: Element RC
– Steering servo: Reefs RC Raw 500 digital
– Axles: Treal Hobby
– Motor: Castle Creations Slate 1900kv
– Speed Control: Castle Creations Mamba X ESC
– Other equipment: DSM kinetic recovery system
Jeremy Kilburn « Havre de Grace, MD
The post A Golden Oldie Reborn appeared first on RC Car Action.