Super Cup Championship Series – Round 3
JConcepts Super Cup continues to set attendance records in the state of Florida. Jason Ruona, Daimon Borkowicz, Tracy Carver and Billy Bruce win with JConcepts at Super Cup Championship series round 3
Race: 2013 JConcepts Super Cup Championship Series round 3
Track: FZRC Raceway – Sarasota, FL
Date: March 2-3, 2013
JConcepts Super Cup Round 3 packed the house at FZRC in Sarasota Florida. Once again, racers drove from hundreds of miles around to continue another attendance record setting event. Marty Chilton had the track ready for everyone that arrived as early as Thursday night! Racers wanting to get the edge on the competition, hurried to the track on Friday in order to gain valued practice time dialing in their setups. The JConcepts crew setup quickly and began accepting early registrations. As the sun rose on race day morning, racers were patiently waiting for enough sun light to hit the clay. Mother Nature also made an appearance delaying race start 30 minutes with a quick shower. Rain didn’t dampen the spirits of the 174 racers who attended, setting a new attendance record for FZRC Raceway. Once the weather cleared, it was time to go racing.
1/8th E Buggy- Jim Hess showed everyone how it’s done taking TQ and the first place spot with 16 laps / 5:06. Bruce Bennett finished in 2nd place as Rob Didion, Mike Myers & Steve Baron separated by only 2 seconds to finish 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Pro 2 Stock SCT- FZRC local Bruce Bennett took TQ with 15 laps / 5:15. The most exciting main of the day ended as 1st thru 5thplace were separated by 6 seconds. Finishing order was Erik Everett in 1st with 14 laps / 5:03, Bruce Bennett in 2nd place, Landen Lewis 3rd, Billy Bruce 4th & Paul Boyce rounded out the top 5.
Stock Truck- Matt Bradford paced the field for the TQ spot with 14 laps / 5:01. Mark Mixon & Jeff Lynn held off 9 others to bump into the A main. The A-main winner, Tracy Carver started in the 6th position and fought his way to the top with 14 laps / 5:01. Erik Everett took the 2nd place spot, and Riker Gatenby took the 3rd place spot edging out Landen Lewis 4th, Jeff Lynn 5th.
Stock Buggy- David Mcelvy set TQ with 15 laps / 5:11. One of the greatest comebacks of the season was made by Billy Bruce who was able to bump up from the C main all of the way to the A main win! Stock Buggy A main was one of the closest mains of the day as the top seven racers battled back and forth for 14 laps only being separated by 12 seconds. When the smoke cleared, Billy (Bump King) Bruce took the first place spot with 14 laps / 5:00. Paul Boyce took the second place spot with 14 laps / 5:01, Erik Everett took the third place spot with 14 laps / 5:02, David Mcelvy 4th, and Kevin Abbott rounded out the top five.
Pro 4 Mod SCT- Rob Didion led the B main from tone to tone. Didion and Justin Sweatt bumped up into the A main. Leon McIntosh took the TQ spot with 16 laps / 5:00. From the start tone of the A main Leon never looked back, taking the number one spot with 16 laps / 5:01. FZRC locals, Josh Boyce and Jim Hess took the 2nd and 3rd place positions, Justin Sweatt and Chris Fleischer took the 4th and 5th place spots.
Pro 2 Mod SCT- Ryan Eckert took TQ spot and the first place win with 16 laps / 5:10. Ryan Eckert & Leon McIntosh lead the field from the start tone with McIntosh taking the 2nd place spot. Chris Viesins took the 3rd place spot, Chris Intravia 4th, and Peyton MacDonald rounded out the top 5.
40+ Mod Buggy- One of the fastest growing classes in the JConcepts Super Cup, Bobby Horan led the field of 9, taking the TQ spot and the first place win with 15 laps / 5:03. Tracy Carver took the 2nd place spot, Jeff Lynn 3rd, Tracey Proctor 4th, and Dan Witkoski capped off the top 5.
Mod Truck- 12 year old, Daimon Borkowicz took TQ and the first place win with 16 laps / 5:12. Daimon’s Team Associated T4.2 topped with JConcepts Finnisher body, put the power to the ground with JConcepts green compound rear Barcodes tires. Mike Barone took the 2nd place spot, Chris Intravia 3rd, Steve Barone 4th, and George Gatenby took 5th.
Mod Buggy- Jason Ruona set the pace with a TQ run of 17 laps / 5:17. Daimon Borkowicz took the first place spot with 16 laps / 5:11 with his Team Associated B4.2 topped with JConcepts Finnisher body. Daimon used JConcepts Barcodes fronts in blue compound and green compound Double Dees put the power to the ground in the rear. Ryan Eckert took the second place spot with 16 laps / 5:14. Jason Ruona settled for third after a great back and forth battle with Borkowicz. Ruona was set to take the win down to the last turn but a lap traffic collision cost Ruona the victory. Leon McIntosh took the 4th place spot, and Billy Bruce fought his way to 5th place.
Mod 4wd- Jason Ruona was the one and only to break the 18 lap barrier qualifying with 18 laps / 5:17. Ruona’s Team Associated B44.2 topped with JConcepts Finnsher body was dialed in taking the first place spot with 17 laps / 5:06. JConcepts green compound Double Dees gave Ruona the extra edge needed to take the win. Bobby Horan took the second place spot only 2 seconds behind Ruona with 17 laps/ 5:08. Ryan Eckert took the 3rd place spot, Felix Law 4th, and Daniel Castaneda 5th.
Thanks to all the races and spectators for their continued support of JConcepts Super Cup. Thank you, Marty Chilton and the FZRC crew for their hard work and suburb track. Thanks to: Rich Muller, Fred Reep, and Lance MacDonald for a super tight race program! 62 races completed in 9 hours! Wow! We look forward to seeing everyone once again as we finish up our spring season of racing, round 4 on April 6th.
JConcepts winning products:
· 3002-02 – Double Dees green compound
· 3003-02 – Double Dees green compound
· 3017-02 – Bar Codes green compound
· 3021-01 – Bar Codes blue compound
· 3021-02 – Bar Codes green compound
· 0212 – Finnisher B4.2 body
· 0122 – Hi-Clearance 6.5” B4 wing
· 0248 – Finnisher B44.2 body
· 0133 – Hi-Clearance 7” wing
· 0252 – T4.2 Finnisher body
· 2012M – JConcepts matte vehicle stand
· 2102 – JConcepts – 1/10th, 1/8th and SCT Striker setup board w/ foam pad
· 2136 – 5 and 10gm stick-on weight set
· 2043M – JConcepts – Advanced Formulated Tire Glue – Medium
· 2075 – 8/32″ locking wheel nut – fits B4, T4, B44 and SC10 – locking / lightweight (blue)
· 2099 – 48 pitch, 84T, SS Machined Spur Gear – fits B4.1, T4.1, B44.1 and SC10
· 2061 –B4.2 Monroe Carbon Fiber battery brace
· 2062 – T4.1 Monroe Carbon Fiber battery brace
· 2138 – B44.1 low profile aluminum rear wing mounts – 2pc. (blue)
· 2158 – T4.1 aluminum steering bell-cranks – blue
· 2159-1 – B4.1 aluminum wing mounts – blue – 2pc
· 2165 – Associated Carbon Fiber Hub Tower A, B and C (fits aluminum hub carrier)
· 2167 – 8/32″ thin-pattern locking wheel nut – fits B44 front – locking / lightweight (blue)
· 2170 – T4.1 front axle for 12mm hex conversion (requires #9880 AE steering block)
· 2081 – JConcepts – 12mm rear hex adaptor for SC10
· 2091 – 12mm rear hex adaptor for B4.1, B44.1 – blue anodized aluminum
· 2188 – B44.2 Monroe Carbon Fiber battery brace set
· 2133 – JConcepts pit mat
· 2225 – B4.2 Fin Titanium turnbuckle set
· 2226 – T4.2 Fin Titanium turnbuckle set
· 2227 – B44 Fin Titanium turnbuckle set
· 3347 – Mono – B4.2 front wheel (white) – 4pc.
· 3348 – Mono – B4.2 12mm hex rear wheel (white) – 4pc.
· 3349 – Mono – B44.2 front wheel (white) – 4pc.
· 3354W – Mono – T4.1 – 12mm hex F&R wheel – white – 4pc.
· 3201 – And-1 – 1/10th truck tire insert – Firm – 2pc
· 3203 – And-1 – 1/10th buggy tire insert – Firm – 2pc
· 3202-1 – Profiled – 1/10th 4wd front insert – medium / grooved – 2pc
· 3204-1 – Profiled – 1/10th 2wd front insert – medium / grooved – 2pc
· 3206-2 – Profiled – 1/10th 2wd front insert – medium / grooved rounded – 2pc