Friday5 With Team Driver Ean Reilley
In this week’s Friday5 we talk to Indiana driver, Ean Reilley!
1. When and how did you get started in RC?
I started racing in 2010 at our local carpet oval track. I’ve always had a strong interest is racing. My dad and I raced when I was younger but we ultimately ended up stopping. We went to check it out again one day when I was a bit older and I’ve just stuck with it ever since.
2. What is your favorite class to race and why?
My favorite class has to be stock buggy because there isn’t a bigger class at the track, week in and week out, no matter where you are in the country.
3. When heading to the track, what is the JConcepts product that is a must have and why?
Like every form of racing, the must have is the proper tires. The JConcepts Silver Ellipses are a must have for me when heading to the track.
4. With the COVID-19 virus closing many tracks temporarily in the US, how do you plan to quench your thirst for RC?
With the virus going around, I’m working on building a fresh carpet car and plan on running some practice laps on VRC.
5. Name one thing people might be surprised to know about you.
Before I started racing off-road, I spent many years running in carpet oval and won a few of the biggest races you could win. I really only ran off-road in the summer time for fun until one year my dad and I decided to go to few indoor races. Since then, I’ve stuck with it.